Monday, July 7, 2014

What I love about summer

Fresh Garden Tomato Salsa.
<span class=
I've said it before: Nothing taste better than a fresh garden tomato. I am so in love with them. I've caught Corban picking a few of my green tomato's and I said "Corban, these are Mom's tomato's and I want all of them, you do not pick Mom's tomato's." Mean I know. Plus I may be teaching him some bad sharing habits, but that just lets you know how protective I am of these guys. Good thing for the brown paper bag trick. The green tomato's he has picked {yes, that hasn't stopped him from picking the green one's, he's just such a great little helper} are now a nice and juicy red tomato.

Anyways, we are loving this little treat. I thought I would share. I don't have any measurements I just do it to taste but I'll let you in on what all is in it.

  • Garden Tomato's Diced
  • Jalapeno pepper Diced
  • Cayenne pepper Diced
  • Onion Diced
{I go by looks with the onion and peppers. And with how hot you may want it}
  • Garlic clove Minced
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Cilantro chopped up small {or if you are like me and thought you planted cilantro but it's really parsley, that taste pretty good to}

Mix it all together and let if chill in the fridge for a while.
Enjoy the yumminess of summer!

No comments: