Thursday, July 10, 2014

Homemade BBQ Sauce

This is the BEST BBQ Sauce ever!  I love it!  It's finger licking good!  If you like BBQ give this one a try and let me know what you think!  You can never go wrong with Homemade.  I love knowing (and being able to pronounce) every ingredient in what I'm eating.

For some reason I didn't take of picture of it by itself, so here it is pictured with the Meat Loaf. Sorry. I'll try to get a better picture and post it here next time I make it! Which is more often then you may think! HA!



My favorite with this one currently is the Meat Loaf (found here).  So yummy! Please note, that I only make half this recipe when I do the Meat Loaf and it is more than enough.

Homemade BBQ Sauce

2 C Ketchup
1 C Brown Sugar
2 T Worcestershire Sauce 
1/4 C Soy Sauce
1 tsp. Tabasco Hot Sauce (I don't use this, becasue I never have it when I need it) 
1/2 C Molasses
1 tsp. Minced Onion
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
2 tsp. Dry Mustard (I have used the wet mustard also)
3 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
Combine all in saucepan, simmer til slightly thickened about 20-30 min (20 works great!). Enjoy!
Good on Chicken, Meat Loaf, etc... 

1 comment:

Danielle said...

This is almost exactly like the recipe I use and I agree, it's so yummy! I add chipolte peppers in adobo sauce to it sometimes for a little extra kick. And p.s. I thought I was the only one that did BBQ sauce on meat loaf! So much tastier than ketchup or tomato soup :)